One Piece Truthiness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W.I.P. [ Pirate ] Gale Fraley

Go down

W.I.P. [ Pirate ] Gale Fraley Empty W.I.P. [ Pirate ] Gale Fraley

Post by 12ealay12 Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:22 pm

N A M E
Gale Fraley

A G E

B O U N T Y//R A N K
W.I.P. [ Pirate ] Gale Fraley 9yxUdQp 12,000,000

D E V I L - F R U I T
Keijō Keijō no Mi

E Q U I P M E N T
Clothing
W.I.P. [ Pirate ] Gale Fraley 9yxUdQp 264,000,000
A luggage containing different kinds of metals
Various books about metals, katanas and statue sculpting
A small ship he bought to carry around his possessions
Ryo Wazamono - Shodai Echizen - A fairly long katana, and Gale's favorite. It has an x-shaped guard and a clear black sheath, as well as a hilt with small gold designs. The blade itself is slightly curved, has a fierce, bright grey color and a black gunome hamon. It is incredibly sharp, and was made even sharper with the use of Gale's ability.
Ryo Wazamono - Nidai Echizen - Gale's second katana seems to oppose its predecessor in literally everything but their length and shape. This Meito has a round guard and a clear, bright white sheath. Its hilt is vaguely similar to Shodai Echizen's, although the gold designs are all mirrored in position. This sword's blade has a dark grey color and a white gunome hamon. It seems to be just as sharp as Shodai Echizen.
Wazamono - Honōkaru - A katana of average length, this Wazamono grade sword doesn't have a very special blade; it has a blue choji hamon, and that's it. It does, however, have a great-looking hilt that is black in color, and a green hilt with a yellow zigzag pattern, which is what caught Gale's interest in the first place.
New World Log Pose

S K I L L S
Physical Capacity and Reflexes
Gale possesses a considerable amount of strength, endurance and stamina, enough to rival those of at least an average Marine Commodore. His reflexes may be Gale's strongest asset; he has improved them fairly well through various training methods, enough for him to be able to detect bullets flying at him, as well as extremely quick attacks from even Soru users - of course, the latter is far harder than the former, but it is still possible, nonetheless.

Hand-to-hand Combat Proficiency
Having studied various combat methods, fighting styles and martial arts for years, Gale is capable of overpowering opponents with physical capabilities much above his own. He often uses techniques he has learned over the years to throw them off balance and lock them down, usually ending the fight in a matter of minutes.

Expert Swordsmanship
Gale has honed his skills in the way of the sword for quite some time now. He is far above average in terms of swordsmanship, although he is still not nearly as powerful as several, monstrous swordsmen he has heard of, and hasn't reached the level of a swordmaster yet.
Gale typically uses a single sword at a time, just like any other user of the Ittōryū style, and doesn't have a very unique fighting style, overall. He can use all sorts of Ittōryū techniques to a certain extent, although the most note-worthy of them are his Iaijutsu ones.

Navigation
Gale can effortlessly control and monitor his ship's movement, as well as easily forecast the weather in the area around him.

Prodigious Sculptor
The most prominent thing about Gale is his sculpting skills - give him a piece of clay, paper, or anything else - and you'll have a masterpiece waiting for you in less than an hour. He cautiously uses this in conjuction with his Devil Fruit abilities to make the swords in his possession far sharper than they originally were, as well as great works of art he trades for some well-needed money.

A B I L I T I E S
Object Reshaping
Gale can grant the properties of clay to any inanimate object as well as return it to normal when he so desires. This allows him to reshape the object effortlessly, allowing him to sculpt amazing statues with little struggle. He also uses this to reshape almost any object to whatever he may need at the time, or to turn an opponent's weapon useless during combat. The final use he has found for this ability is touching projectiles that are aimed at him with his hands before they reach the rest of his body, making their plasticity the same as that of clay and essentially nullifying most of the damage to protect the rest of his body from harm.

Kōsoku Idō
The Kōsoku idō technique allows Gale to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds and with greater power. It is astoundingly similar to the Rokushiki technique Soru. Gale often uses this technique in order to avoid attacks he cannot easily dodge or counter with his Devil Fruit, as well as a way to enhance his physical fighting techniques.

Busoshoku Haki
Gale can use Busoshoku Haki to a minor extent. By minor, I mean it ain't worth shit. Gale's Busoshoku Haki is barely enough to touch an average logia user, let alone protect his body from sharp objects or even blunt strikes. For that reason, he has decided to give up on his Busoshoku Haki for the time being, and focus on refining his Kenbunshoku Haki instead.

Kenbunshoku Haki
As previously stated, Gale has dropped his Busoshoku Haki in order to strenghten his Kenbunshoku Haki, which he can utilize fairly well; he is capable of both sensing the presence of others and predicting their attacks. When used in conjunction with his Devil Fruit power, this makes him a formidable foe, as he can detect incoming weapon-based attacks and counter them with his ability. He can also feel other people's emotions, and determine an opponent's strength - both feats are done quite accurately.

Ittōryū: Moeru Katto
Gale swings his blade with remarkable speed and power, creating a slash made entirely of hot, compressed air that rushes at its target in a straight line and cuts anything it comes into contact with.

Ittōryū: Howaito Katto
Gale thrusts forward with his sword. The thrust is enhanced through use of the Kōsoku idō technique, resulting in an incredibly swift attack the average human eye cannot follow. It is often the first attack he uses in a fight.

Ittōryū: Burakku Katto
Gale performs two diagonal cuts to form an x-shaped one in a split second, an attack most casual fighters can't defend against. This does require a great deal of effort from him, though, meaning he will normally only use it against opponents he can't take out easily.

Ittōryū Iai: Reddo Katto
Gale dashes forward and launches off the ground with extreme speed, slicing at his opponent with aid of his Kōsoku idō techinque. If Gale performs the cut correctly, it takes the blood several moments before gushing out of the opponent's body.

Ittōryū Iai: Kurushimi no Kiru
Gale swiftly unsheathes his weapon, lunging forward and sprinting beyond his opponent. He utilizes every little bit of energy his body can provide, and delivers the most devastating cut he can produce to his enemy while passing by them. The speed of said cut is almost impossible to track, and gives Gale a chance at defeating opponents that are overall stronger than he is, when used right. Like in many other draw-and-sheathe techniques, the opponent he attacks often does not realize they have been cut until the swordsman re-sheathes his sword. This technique is particularly exhausting; it strains Gale's body severely, and he only uses it as an all-or-nothing attack.

Nendo Katto
Gale touches any inanimate object within his reach, and gives it the proportions of clay, ultimately making it as vulnerable to cuts as the actual material, and cuts it with a simple swing of his sword.

O C C U P A T I O N
Swordsman/Brawler

A F F I L IA T I O N S
Pirate

H I S T O R Y
Not too many things have happened during this young collector's life. He was born to a house of nobles; everything he wanted was in his arms' reach. His innate talent has made his parents even more fond of him, and they were sure he'll one day make a fine heir for their family. However, there was one thing his family required of him that he just couldn't adhere to - that one thing eventually led to his parents disowning him, and to the end of his life as a noble.

From a young age, Gale always had something for the various Meito katanas. The incredibly sharp blades finely made of rare metals and their beautiful designs were incredibly intriguing to him, and he never passed an opportunity to learn more about them. His parents have already gotten him a variety of Meito, including numerous Wazamono grade swords, several Ryo Wazamono grade ones, and even an Oo Wazamono grade katana, all purchased with their incredible amount of money; that didn't mean they were supporting it, though. During Gale's 14th birthday, they asked him to abandon his love for these murderous tools, despite knowing he was attached to them so much. When met with a refusal from the boy, they simply asked one of the family servants to sell the swords to whoever may have wanted them. When Gale discovered his beloved katanas were sent to an auction, he ignored his parents' outcries and immediately hurried outside in hopes of stopping the small carriage in its tracks and retrieving his treasure. He knew exactly where it was headed - the town's massive auction house had countless works of art up for sale, and the family's obedient servant was definitely headed there.

Despite the incredible amount of willpower he has displayed by running for over an hour straight, the young noble barely managed to reach the house in time before sneaking behind the stage and searching for his Meito. He was shocked to discover only two of them were left - one of the Ryo Wazamono he liked the least out of his collection, Nidai Echizen, and his much preferred Shodai Echizen, the designs of both weapons mesmerizing him completely. The auctioneer's abrupt announcement regarding the two Meitos caused him to finally awaken from his hypnotic slumber. Gale grabbed onto the swords as tight as he could, trying his best to escape the building unnoticed. He obviously had some trouble there, but let me skip that part 'cause I'm tired as fuck.

The third day following that incident, Gale ran away from his detestable home. He didn't know where he was headed, but he didn't mind it either, as long as it was away from this terrible place. His parents treated him like a freak, and didn't give a fuck about his fonding of the incredible masterpieces various blacksmiths have put their lives into. He couldn't take it anymore. He had a -lot- of money with him - enough to deal with his needs for over a year - and the two katanas he had been hiding from his parents for the past three days. The boy used one of his parents' ships, and finally left his disgusting city of nobles, along with his homeland as a whole.

It's been over a year since he started traveling the seas when he reached an astounding island; its inhabitants were all carrying books, and a huge library was located on it. That library had books covering just about anything - from ways of combat to cooking recipes, as well as navigation methods and forces of nature. They all called it "Bullshit Island", although he couldn't figure out why. Quite surprisingly, Gale befriended the islanders, who didn't mind his pampered attitude at all, and even tried to teach him how to properly behave when meeting new people. The not-so-noble boy had remained on the island for several years - he lived in the library, and didn't mind sharing his money with the islanders.

The vast amount of books the tremendous library on Bullshit Island had in store were a great source of knowledge for Gale; he could read about almost anything, and obviously never got bored of it - he always had more books to read. The islanders themselves seemed to be all inhumanly powerful fighters, too, and eventually convinced the former noble to start training his own body. They taught him various training methods, as well as different techniques he would have never managed to learn normally - this includes the legendary Haki abilities, although Gale did not manage to study Busoshoku Haki very well.

He ended up deciding to search for Meito and collect them with his own two hands, rather than using his family's money to achieve his goal. The years spent on the island have also widened his knowledge about the locations of various Meito, as well as famous swordsmen present in the world - he could use that. At the age of 22, the dark-haired boy decided to finally leave Bullshit Island, and went back to travelling the seas.

Shortly afterwards, he spotted a bizarre-looking fruit, and outright realized it was one of the legendary Devil Fruits; he'd read about their unimaginably horrible flavor before, but he had to confirm it. The man came to regret that decision the moment the creamy juices of the fruit touched his taste buds. The shocking taste of the fruit made him accidentally swallow it, and ever since then, Gale had to be especially wary of traveling the seas without personal flotation devices. He has been using his newly-found Devil Fruit powers to sharpen his swords for quite some time now, and keeps working on them whenever he has the time to do so. They have also served him to obtain riches over time by trading his metallic works of art that would be otherwise impossible to make for extreme amounts of money.

A single year ago, the young swordsman finally encountered something he actually liked in his journey - a man possessing a Wazamono grade Meito the boy took interest in. When the guy constantly refused to sell it, though, Gale beat him up and stole the blade, which led to him receiving a minor W.I.P. [ Pirate ] Gale Fraley 9yxUdQp12,000,000 bounty. He currently travels the seas in pursue of the Meito.

12ealay12

Back to top Go down